Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Catching Cold in the Middle of a Heat Wave

One night this past week, it was not hot.  In fact, it turned chilly, and for some asinine reason,  I developed a sore throat.  A sore throat is always the first sign of a chest cold.  It has since gone to my lungs so now I am hacking as well as nursing the sore throat.

I finally went to Winco last night to get some spray for my throat, lozenges, and listerine.  I have been up three nights in a row hour after hour struggling with this problem.  Last night, I remembered to put a double pillow on to life my head and my chest to allow drainage. I did sleep better. A trick I learned at Monticello about Tom Jefferson from a Mrs. Sully.  I have often had to remember that to help get well when I have chest colds, and a lot of mucous draining from my sinuses.  It does help.  So a trip to Monticello was worth that much.  Jefferson supposedly slept all night sitting up in bed.

Very uncomfortable to say the least but it is important to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment