Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, March 19, 2012

Return of winter for a day or two

It really turned cold this weekend. It did rain and the temperature fell 20 degrees so I had to turn the heat on to take out the chill. But insulation is so bad here that it only lasts a short while before it is back to cold again.

I have been studying and learning about costs of editing manuscripts for a novel, and have found the websites devoted to editing a manuscript. Wow! I had no idea all that is entailed in becoming a published bona fide first time author.

I honestly do not believe now that all that expense is often fulfilled when I read some books. But I did learn that there is a difference between editing and full editing, copy editing, proof reading,etc. so that costs vary from editor to editor. Gads! How can one decide?

I am in the process of a total rewrite but most of the original will be what I wrote originally. I have had computer woes so that I have taken a very long break from writing my novel to completion. Once I start it again I will stick with it to the end and then do the major rewrite that will mean once that is done, send it to a copy editor...maybe by that time, I will have it where I want it.

Authorship is not an easy job to do. I am really getting wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment