Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Things Are Changing Fast

Tonight I had quite a surprise at Facebook when an old friend from my years in Azusa posted two photos of her brother and her nephew.  I was in shock to see Terry and his wife with their son and his bride. It was a wedding photo of the bride and groom with the groom's parents.  Terry had been one of my students and to realize that he is attending his son's wedding came as quite a shock to me.  Time passes so quickly, people age so fast, and before you know it, you find yourself at the top of the heap in years and are looking down at all who have followed you in this long process of living out a duration on the face of the earth.

75 years is a long time to spend and I was quickly reminded of how yesterdays seem alive as today yet have disappeared in terms of continuation in ongoing life process.  A funny thing is memory.  We do not understand it at all but in fact all the minutes of our life is recorded so that we can recall times spent in years gone by.

I have been dwelling on this a bit.  I will pursue the topic tomorrow and put it to bed for the rest of the night. I need to get to sleep now...but soon sleep will come that will carry me into a spiritual dwelling place.  Funny how we all find our way there sooner or later...

On that note, I wonder that we find so many things important that are really probably totally unimportant and the things that are truly important we neglect to realize so that they seem nearly meaningless until recalled.

The pimple on our face which caused us so much consternation was so important but now we know it was meaningless and truly unimportant to other things which we discounted so much...such as having a friend greet us when we returned from a journey.

I have written another post tonight as a follow up to this post. I am sharing on Facebook and maybe even google.

No comments:

Post a Comment