Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Time

I am an old grouch this morning.  I woke up from a dream which had me working on some project that frankly wears me out to even think about it...I was being so neat and well organized in this dream and I am wondering all the time what are dreams all about anyway...I hate those kind of dreams.

I watched a hypnotist explain how he set up his Christmas lights around his house.  Lord, what an expense that is, and so much trouble. These people who do go all out spend not only a fortune on all the props but also on the operations of these orchestrated light shows. They are beautiful to see but mercy!  The light bill alone is an outrageous fortune for me to consider.

Fortunately, our cold spell has changed so that we are having warm weather once again, and therefore, I do not need to run the heat except in early morning.  My heating bill was pretty high for the few days that we had to use it.  I won't put Christmas lights up this year either because I do not want to pay a high utility bill.

Doug Geary died on December 1.  Doug is a classmate of mine who was so funny and humorous when I was at our class reunion that I remember when leaving the Sunday brunch I stopped and nailed him with a kiss...His was the sweetest kiss as Diane had just done that to me so I passed it on. Her kiss likewise was the sweetest so there you go, two of the sweetest kisses in Van Wert at one reunion.

I had worked at Bill Derry's with Joyce Rawlings who married her high school sweetheart Bob Friesner of Middle Point Ohio.   He was a big basketball star then.  He just died on Dec.11 so these two deaths are taking their toll on me.  Bob had come up to me at the reunion to tell me this wife wanted to see me so he took me back to where she was waiting. Joyce was so different from when I had known her as not to be recognizable.  I would not have know her walking down the street she seemed so different to me.

So having suffered a big pain in the small of my back this morning I am contemplating when my last days will be.  Our family lives to ripe old ages so I always figured I would probably live to my 80's and I am hating the 70's so I cannot imagine what the 80's may be like.  People never seem to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment