Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, December 30, 2013

Old Year Out; New Year In

It has been 14 years now since the millennium began.  Weather crises dominate the news more often than manmade events but those get blown up sky high occasionally.  Some effort is being made to turn the disclosures of Edward Snowden into front page news but sadly his comments about privacy and surveillance are given attention only by a few insecure officials.  Whether he is traitor or whistle blower depends upon what you want to believe I guess.  His Christmas message about privacy for future generations was a pretty weak excuse for him thinking that he is still working for the NSA but they don't realize it. HA!  He has found asylum somewhere to avoid his critics and prosecution.  It always changes as to where he is located. Last I heard he is still in Russia.

On the entertainment stage, Miley Cyrus was front row and center to help cheer Britney Spears in her Las Vegas show debut.   What a pair!

Looking ahead to March, Talking Stick Resort has two biggies coming to town.  Julio Iglesias and Burt Baccharach will appear in person at the resort.  Il Divo will be appearing downtown at the former Dodge Theatre the same evening as Julio.

My one on one at Apple is about to expire but I have an appointment this coming week for photo.  I have to learn how to get that s.d. card out of my computer correctly. I still don't know exactly how to do it so I will practice it big time.

I went to Barnes Noble today to request Scrivener for Dummies so she ordered it for me to be at this store so I can look it over.  I may take an online course from the woman who wrote it but I am not sure yet about that. I want to see the book.

I hate spending so much money on all this computer stuff.

The University of Michigan lost to Kansas State.  Guess Susan will be lording it over my brother now that her school has won.  Unless she went to the University of Kansas.  I just know that she went to Kansas.  

Now we are pushing Michigan State University to uphold the honor of the state by winning the Rose Bowl.  I remember when Stanford did not have a mascot and we called them the thunder chickens. Actually it was my neighbor who did that. I had nothing to do with it at all, but she had it plastered on her doors about it.  I still don't know her connection to Stanford but I remember the times and the signs well...It was a joke I guess.






1 comment: