Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, March 21, 2011

A whole new world

I am choosing to rewrite what was a jumbled mess of thoughts. Modern technology is a serious problem for people in my age group. I grew up using a dial phone. I can remember the old time phones that were wall phones as one took up the ear piece and spoke into the mouthpiece. I still like those old style phones.

So today we have to struggle with cell phones. I believe every young person is unable to know why we old folks can stay away from phones for long periods of time, as it seems to me that every person on the block today has to have his ear bent to the cell phone. I find that so ridiculous at times as to be truly annoying and aggravating.

Can't any of these young people spend time with themselves alone for ten minutes without having to talk to someone on a phone?

Learning to like one's self is probably the single most important thing that a person can do. I dare say that most of the population today cannot spend time alone by one's self for longer than an hour at the most. They don't give themselves a chance at all.

They just have to be yacking away at someone somewhere, and if not on the phone, then they go to the social networks where they have to "mouth" off as well.

I decided to eliminate the previous post because I was jumping from one topic to another too much.

If I put up a video of an old time phone, this post will explain why. That is, if I can find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment