Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Last Man Standing & Mystic River

I am putting this in writing. I know people get tired of my always warning them that when around me their words will likely come back to haunt them. But I have proof now that I have gathered in the past few weeks. First, I will begin with Mystic River, a movie that I finally saw thanks to the local lending library. This is a murder mystery and everyone knows I love a mystery.

Sean Penn and Tim Robbins both won Oscars for their performances in this strange film based upon a story by some guy name of Dennis deHane or something like that...only recollect vaguely so may be mistaken about author's name.

But the character I shall now discuss is the victim who is only 19. She is mysteriously killed but the weapon is a gun. When I saw one scene I immediately thought of Mark Anderson, a son of one of my friends and colleagues at GHS, who had one time stowed himself in the back of my car when visiting at his mother's house. I got in the car and started it up to have Mark suddenly speak up from the back seat literally scaring the daylights out of me...I was never so frightened but got over it reminding myself to lock my doors from now on....so my first thought when I saw that scene was of Mark and Lois. So later in a scene where this same girl is seen in a bar dancing on a counter with two other girls the light did not dawn until later...why yes, I had done that same thing but not in a bar, thus,not immediately seeing the similarity, but later on, realized oh yes, when Dave admits that she did not do a strip tease, that I had been on the bar doing just that, a lame version of a strip tease in my Hawaiian skirt.

Dunt da dunt ta...and I strolled down the counter, alone, with only two people to see me do this strange stunt, a student, and a counselor, and Lordy, Lordy, I was given the old talkto by the principal wondering what had come over me...all of a sudden I got the urge to jump on the counter and do a dance...dunt, da, dunt, da! Yeah, that went all around the campus and town and finally, oh, yea, now I see it all played back on the movie screen to realize...hmmmm....there are some similarities here, aren't there? But the story has changed a lot, but some things in it are pretty strangely alike...

so then last night Tim Allen has a show which I recognized immediately the dog (Mr. Big) and a picture of me especially made with a dog that is a Maltese also, and is in a photo album which is distributed to only a certain group that I am a qualified member so that I got the picture right now of where Tim got this idea,and so later in the same sitcom heard a line that made me think of my neighbor and friend Sandra and her son Elijah as in this case, the dog and cat are being switched also...Elijah had not missed his cat for three whole days, and I learned this after accepting this cat from friend Sandra, who is now my little angel Alexander. The dog was Dan's dog who I would also dogsit on occasions...so Tim and his cronies somehow or other managed to make a sitcom out of this event that was both cute, funny, poignant, and pertinent...very funny...as Alfonso of Florida court reporting school once said about me...if he had my memory, he would be a millionaire...I remembered that Sandra had said that Elijah had not even known he was gone for three days....I had him at that point I believe.

By the way, when Elijah finally became reunited as both remembered each other well, he said he was glad that I am the one who got him. He has grown so big and so beautifully well.

So my angel cat last night woke me up in the night to remind me to turn off my heat as I had turned the small space heater on for an hour to get rid of the chill...I overslept but suddenly I hear the cat meowing loudly so I would wake up...I got up and turned off the heater to go back to sleep. Good cat, my angel cat! He has his moments...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there is the picture of me with Mr. Big right beside this post...that's the one...looks a lot like Tim Allen last night and his girls to me...

    ReplyDelete