Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday, January 22, 2012

This has thus far been a quiet weekend. The furtherest I traveled yesterday was to Walgreen's to get some fixodent with my $1.50 coupon and to the clubhouse where I used the wifi connection. I am at the clubhouse this morning as well. Earlier, there were two rude people talking loudly but after I turned on a video with full sound they left the place so that I now have peace and quiet.

I received a note from Ann Katrin letting me know how far she has read into my novel. I did not realize how important it was to me to have her read it. She makes great comments so that I like her responses to the draft and I had had no idea that I had needed that. Often we do not know how hungry we really are until we get a bite to eat.

When one writes a novel to let the world know a bit of himself, so really, after all, isn't that what a writer is doing, sharing himself with the world, it is a bit awesome.

I am so long familiar with the storyline that I cannot imagine how others will react to it. I need a good editor and so I need to learn how to find one.

I have thought of posting it all as a blog so that it can be read by those who really simply want to read it. I am still deliberating that idea in my head. Often times, one's work is not so much to be paid in any way but to be read. And then of course, to be recognized and discussed. But if one gets a few cents or dollars for it, that is all gravy on the plate.

When one writes for the dollar, one has to pander to other people's wants and wishes. That is all that most politicians do, simply pander, lie, cheat, and steal. That is a modern day definition of a politician any more. We all can see that now with the current crop of wannabees.

But I could pander too if I had to do this for a living. I doubt that with as many voices in the world to be heard, that a simple novel will make waves. But it is a means to express one's own true feelings about the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment