Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Shrieking Cat

My cat has for some reason or other decided to shriek in the night and it is driving me slowly mad...it insures his getting neutered since I think that it must be his male hormones working overtime...all day he was quiet and fine but now once again when the moon comes out, he thinks he has to meow loudly, not even softly, but at the top of his lungs and it is very annoying as I do not want my neighbor coming down screaming at me to shut my cat up.

Otherwise, the last two days have been perfectly beautiful weatherwise but awful things wise. Someone is playing games with my other laptop computer and I am very concerned about how and why. I do not dare even say what it is although today I did not use it but one time to see that nothing is going on with it.

I notice these things right away but as everyone knows I think that my computer is bugged as well as too often under attack.

This has been another one of those rough months. I am going to test the use of this blogger in my next post. I am thinking of beginning a different blog but I want to check something out before I do that.

This business of trying to be an author in a world where nothing but junk sells is somewhat annoying. The publishing houses want big names, stars, famous people, etc. to be the selling tool for books. Once one gets that much acclaim then it is a real problem to always keep up with your own work effort, producing book after book in the same genre.

I just stopped reading a book called Survivors because the subject itself annoyed me so much...I don't like doomsday books which in fact do have an element of truth in them. This one has been promised for so long since people actually do want self destruction so that they can make great profits from them.

In this case, the entire economy has collapsed, inflation is at an all time high, and riots and theft is running rampant everywhere. I did not finish the book as it is the type I dislike to think could ever happen.

So why did it get published? Which publishing giant wants people to read that kind of junk? I wish I knew sometimes.

So it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment