Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, January 6, 2012

First week of new year

I am going to put December behind me. So far, we are only six days into January, and the weather has been awesome. Nice temps during the day but cold at night.

I met the nicest man today at the track when inquiring about using wifi in the grandstand. He tried to put me in the clubhouse but I stayed on the grandstand side...one, it is easy to get outdoors to watch the horses, two, the machines are accessible, and three, there are always tables and chairs aplenty, and four, I am always a cheapskate at betting until I get into a run of luck.

I liked being able to use my computer there even though I used it for only a fraction of an hour as I was more into racing than into checking out information but I subscribe to a lot of blogs and info on horses so it did work for me.

However, my racing luck was not good. I did get a return on one horse but was unable to do well with any of the others that I chose to back. Still have enough for tomorrow at which I will got an otb, probably mary's place in tempe, to see how I fare there.

I am interested in Santa Anita and Secret Circle so I will try to get to a place where I can wage a small bet to see what happens next.

It won't pay anything but I am getting a grip on how to play the superfecta yet at ten cents a plunge. I went because of the ten cent pick 6 in Gulfstream. What a game that one is. I do not understand what is meant by one ticket or one win to win the entire jackpot. I can see that they are trying to get it to a million so it competes with a lottery game.

Today had some very high returns on exotic bets. I will be on my toes next time I hope. I always think I have it under control and I even think what to do but I don't always carry through. But I did something most unusual today and picked up some losing tickets to see how people bet. I was in shock to see how they do bet...ouch almighty. Costly business, this game of racing. Several bet $100 and that made me sit up and take notice. Wow! Imagine losing thousands of dollars at a time...I just can't imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment