Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Just had to take a walk

There are times when one really feels that the sky is falling after all.  Not a joke.  The sky is falling.

We had monsoon weather the past few days and the humidity is high but temps are down. I just walked around the building to  get exercise and to clear my mind as well.  So many things are bothering me right now.  Not only world affairs which makes one feel totally impotent and helpless when one does not have the authority or the means by which to end all the things that plainly upset us,  but also all the daily problems that creep up on us when  we did not want them there at all. I think at this stage of life we all hope that everything will be serene and lovely, peaceful and quiet, and free from problems of any kind.  To have any problem weighing in on one after retirement is grossly unfair.

Fortunately, the one good thing that has come from all this summer's activities is the development of close ties with the neighbors since we all are bonding in a way that we probably would not have imagined.  We live so tightly together that we cannot help but commiserate with one another about all the noise, confusion, inordinate amount of workers all together at one spot, and some of us fall into the category of seniors or aged ones.  That makes us laugh together at the young neighbors who naturally see us as old timers. But because we do not get any notes about what is going to happen next we are more than frustrated.  I think that the least that the office could do is to keep us up to date on what to expect next in the way of the remodeling process.  We have a new t.v. in the laundry room for which there are no instructions.  We were not even told about the upcoming remodeling at the time we signed our lease, and that alone makes me more than a little bit disgusted.  We have new management who is not on the ball about anything, and we have new assistants every time we turn around.  The place is a madhouse in many respects.

Buildings 8 and 9 are finished so that we can get an idea of how we will look soon.  It is rather difficult to like this color scheme  that we are about to have.  Two tone colored sand and deep brown with green roof, green railings, orange stairs,orange doors, and orange shades.  We have a new name: The Viridian, which is supposed to mean green I am told.  We will soon have a new look with new landscaping as well.  Already the first two buildings have all the landscaping set.  I hope that we get some of that here on this side too.

That full moon which was so round two nights ago and the one that we in this area did not get to see at all, emerged tonight as only a half moon.  How the  heck it changed so fast from a full moon to a three quarter moon I suppose but so shriveled now it looks like a half moon.  But it was very golden in color.    I guess September 9 will be the next full moon to be considered super.  Hopefully, there will be no cloud cover.

I am placing photos I took of the mess that was at my doorstep last night and this morning. I put the cardboard boxes down so that i could walk out to the courtyard.  It was such a mess since it had rained as well.  I did not want to get concrete or plaster onto my carpet.  Fortunately, Kelly did come by to take a look, and I made my complaints.  She came before I put the cardboard down. All I had when she was here was one plastic sheeting and one bedroom sheet.  Later in the morning, one of the maintenance crew did come to clean up the mess, pick it up and took the cardboard boxes away as well.  Finally, by late afternoon, it began to look like normal so we could all feel a bit more comfortable.  I threw a bitch about it but it got things done.  I was furious.  I thought it was insulting.



No comments:

Post a Comment