Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday Morning, August 28, 2014

This summer has nearly gone which means that Christmas is right around the corner.  Time goes way too fast and this year has been one of the worst summers I have experienced to date.  I had wanted to get away from here for at least a short time but alas I was not able to do it.  If I can make it to Del Mar for the third which is closing day, I may try.  But the distance and the cost is a bit too high for me at this point in time.  Sadly, age will not make me any younger and I am concerned that as time passes I will just get worse and worse instead of better.  No chance of ever getting better.

So on that note, I understand why it is that the elderly become conflicted about life and death.  Death is coming as it can never be avoided. Learning how the body goes belly up on you makes it easier to accept sooner rather than later, but for doe reason many souls must last decades longer than their friends, family, and neighbors.  Nothing worse than having to be in an old folks home where nothing but neglect is the standard.

The reason I am discussing this is that infirmities at old age become somewhat neglected as well.  Why repair damaged body parts if one is going to just simply soon discard them permanently?  It seems that the only people who value old age are the people who make money from it, the medics, the old age homes, and the funeral directors.  Nobody else can find much consolation in it.

I am suffering from a dental problem right now. I wonder why I should bother to have a tooth repaired at this old age.  I am wondering about it.  All that I will say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment