Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Record Rainfall Today

I thought that the harvest moon was supposed to be tomorrow night but I did go out to see the full moon after it was mentioned on the news tonight.  I will try to see it come up tomorrow if I can remember to do it.

We had a record rainfall due to some hurricane spinning off into the Pacific, and it  was so intense that it broke all records for the region.  NBC was calling it the storm of the century.  It has created havoc but I stayed home and would not even try to navigate the roads that were supposed to be flooded.  Since it happens every time we have a storm here I wonder why it is that people dare to try to drive in flooded streets.  My conclusion is that they like trouble enough to seek it for themselves.

I am so tired of the remodeling going on here at this apartment that I was happy it rained so that the workers would not be able to do anything today. I actually appreciated their having to delay the work on the apartment for a day or so.  I am sure that they will be here tomorrow to do their work despite the muddy conditions.

I will cut this short and maybe continue with it tomorrow.  I am reading Cleopatra's Moon by Vicky Shecter and am now about to go to Rome in her story of the children of Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra...it has really wakened me up to a lot of things.  I will discuss those things in a different post since I must go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment