Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Looking ahead to the future.

When one reaches my age, which is 75, one wonders what kind of future does one have anyway?  I hope to live at least ten more years but I wonder whether I will or not at times.  I feel healthy enough but I have a few health issues.  I had never been hospitalized at all until this past February because of the cat bite that my cat had inflicted on me.  Picture below is after surgery on the hand.  I do not care to place a photo of infected hand at this time.

But that particular cat and that particular hospitalization has cost me too much already, which had turned me severely against the medical profession. I don't cotton to the idea that oh aren't you glad that they were there response I received from some smart ass women who are a bit too obtuse for me. The first doctor was clearly incompetent and so much as said so when he performed a preliminary surgery on me and then prescribed the wrong medicine to cure the infection.  That made certain that I would have to return to the hospital for further medication.  Some doctors are worse than car mechanics that way.  Then, of all the nerve the hospital has you sign a paper under duress that you won't sue them for any reason at all.  At that point, I knew that this hospital was clearly a hospital that I should not trust.

There is only one doctor and one nurse that  I met there that I truly believe were there for my best interests.  The rest are as concerned about their patients as a car mechanic gives a damn what you carry in your glove compartment.  They don't really give a damn. You are a  job by which they earn a pay check and if you think otherwise, you are clearly out of your mind.

But the exorbitant costs that they charge just for a walkin to see if you are on the bed or in the john really is why I dislike these particular medics so much.  Too few visits, too little concern, too little time spent at what a high cost.  Believe me, they have not made a friend out of me, and certainly, never a supporter.

When I first entered the room, I met two women who were aides, and who told me that now I know how my friends are.  I met a few patients who I might consider worthwhile, but as for the hospital personnel, only a few impressed me as earning the dough they earn, and who are really in medicine for the purpose of helping patients who need medical attention.  There were a few who I really like and respect.  They were the good ones, but unfortunately, not all fall in that category.

I am writing this now because today I received a letter which is the cause of my complaints as I am airing them here. I want this on the record in my journal so that I can recall fully my state of mind on this day in which some are recalling the Nixon/Ford change.  That is a subject for a different entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment