Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fools Day

I finally found an apartment that I have taken in Mesa, Arizona. It is a long way from where I now live but it may prove to be a better move for me than I can even anticipate.  It is a lovely apartment, built in 2006 so that all appliances and appointments are relatively new. I do not know why the current occupant is moving but it happened to coincide with my timing for a move from this apartment. Lucked out that way!   It is on the first floor which I truly appreciate, find that climbing stairs is not good for me.

The interior of the model which I was able to see was so stunning that when I learned the cost of rent I could not deny myself the chance to live in a luxurious lifestyle to which I can become accustomed. It has a garden round Roman style tub for one thing, an island in the small kitchen, ice maker refrigerator, and a computer nook in addition to standard living and bedroom.  Not a lot of storage due to having a washer dryer and computer nook but I can handle that.  Storage is available next to garages which both can be rented if wanted.  Oh, and the rent is lower than the next years lease rent on this renovated, ugly apartment will be by $7.00.   On that reason alone I had to take it.  Same price, totally different interior!  I will learn soon enough if I did right for myself or not!


However, there was a  problem which is not a problem really.  I have to wait to move in a full week from the time I move out of here.   So I am renting a garage to store my belongings, and now must find a mover to move my belongings and then once again return to move my stuff from garage to apartment.  But that is not as bad as having to rent two apartments in the same month as it turns out.

I will  be approximately 20 miles east of where I now live, and I have a shortcut to get there.  But movers will use their own means to move it I am sure which may mean using the freeway which is the sensible way.  I use the side roads which are better for me.

So after I get all things settled, I will finally be able to get back to my story and novel work which I had so rudely interrupted this past year due to renovations at this apartment which made life a real living hell. I dislike the owners of this apartment at the moment for destroying what was essentially a pretty nice place before renovations.  I did not like the ugly brown fence but I did like the fact that it did protect us.  The current concrete look of the place looks like a prison now and I hate it!  Hate is a strong word, but what can one have but contempt for the changes that have taken place here. Nearly everyone is unhappy!  I am moving!  And so have many others before me and after me I am sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment