Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Popcorn Salad

When I first moved to McDonald East apartments, we had a pot luck gathering at which someone brought this wonderful salad.  He even included the recipe.  I do not want to forget this great recipe.

2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped green onions
2 cups water chestnuts
1 lb. bacon;  chop, fry, drain...crispy bacon for me.
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
one bag plain white popcorn

Dressig

2 cups mayo - he says not miracle whip...I might use it as I like it but it is his recipe that I am copying here.

2/3 cups sugar
3 Tbsp. vinegar

Mix dressing

Combine all except popcorn. Mix well.  Just before serving, add popcorn, mix well and serve.


This was  so good I could not believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment