Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Moving problems

Moving is not fun at all, but hopefully, if the new apartment is a good one, I will be happy that I have done it.  I am thinking this morning that if I can win my bets on the Kentucky Derby I will be able to travel this year.  I woke up at six o'clock this morning to finally clear my head of some clutter. I have been sorting and cleaning all my clutter collected over the past years, and finally, I think even cleared my head of what lies ahead for me.

If I win well enough, I may simply give my furniture to GoodWill or Salvation Army, and keep only a few bare necessities.  I could put it in consignment as another neighbor moved away yesterday with a consignment truck either moving them or taking their belongings to sell.

I am considering that option now, and I will have to see which consignment shop would be the right one to do that.

Since my furniture is relatively new it would be easy to sell cheap.  I could get a little return on it.  I have made arrangements with another mover to pick up my things. It is more expensive than the first one I contacted but I am not trusting that one yet.

I liked the way the woman handled the task of moving my things as she asked me many questions to get an estimate of how much it would cost.  I feel a lot safer with her than with the group who has not yet convinced me that I should let them do it.  They did give me one thing that I wanted but essentially she did as well, even if higher, but at least, insured.

I have to thank Destiny, our manager here, for her comments about it. That is all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment