Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Getting Personal Now

I woke up from a dream today that is really horrible.  It made me think of George Orwell's 1984, and I learned a lesson from it but I disliked it anyway.  I was in a room with other people when suddenly the entire place was overtaken with mice, small, tiny mice that appeared everywhere.  They were covering everything, and while everyone poured out of the room, one old lady lay in a bed but could not get out by herself. I was struggling with the need to get her out and to get out myself. In the end, I left her to get out as they began to overtake me, so I left.  It turned out to be the right thing to do and I did look to find her finally hiding under a blanket still in the bed, but she was safely outside as well.

I pondered this dream, realizing that I had done right by myself, but it nonetheless bothered me to consider that old woman with white hair who could not fend for herself. Yet she did get out.  I did try to find out how but did not ever learn that for all of a sudden the dream changed to bring in an old college friend from the past who was somehow or other with me visiting.  I was so happy to see her but at the same time, it was an awkward moment.

I finally decided that the mice represent all the passwords in our computers, and that they are taking up too much of our time.  I just recently bought a face word protection device for the simple reason that I cannot remember all the individual passwords that I have.

I am thinking that the idea is not to let the internet and computer take up too much of my time or life.


No comments:

Post a Comment