Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, January 17, 2016

January blues

I have been having a bad case of January letdown for some reason.  I have to bring myself out of this slump, but I am feeling really down in the dumps.  It has nothing to do with anything but myself. I did learn that my cousin Jim who is only 60 has a year to live. He has pancreatic cancer.  He has a tumor the size of an egg that cannot be removed so they are going to use him as an experimental patient with drugs and chemo to extend his life if possible.

Sadly, many people become afflicted with this disease but nobody knows why.  There seems to be no known cause for any form of cancer despite the medics believing that nicotine and cigarettes are cause of lung cancer.  So many smokers do not die from it that it would not necessarily be the real cause.  But if one smokes too many packs in a day I suppose that cancer is a likely result.  

The football games have kept me entertained at home.  The Cardinals game against Green Bay was the most exasperating and exciting game that I have seen, but it was filled with many calls that were annoying to me.  Flags everywhere for all kinds of reasons.  It was exciting because there was no letup when it went into overtime. I was pretty annoyed at that, but the Cards did pull it out at the finish.

I have gone a shopping spree as well and must stop.  But I bought some needed clothes so I do not feel bad about that.  I bought a device to help my aches and pains that is supposed to stretch your spine and help lower back pain.  I actually tried the exercise with my hands to see how it might work until it gets here, and I do maintain that it is helping.  It stretches your back.

The clothing spree was due to a penny sale at Draper and Damon's women's clothing.  Pretty expensive but these were marked down on sale and then an extra item would cost only a penny.  I did buy a pair of suede pants and three tops for a real savings.  But I would not shop there for the regular priced items.  Way too expensive for me.  And by some standards they are considered reasonable in today's market. I am still operating at the level of saving as much as I can.

I am watching my eating habits now to cut down on all the things that have caused me to balloon out.  It is mostly gas but it looks dreadful to me.  A lot of it is excess fat that I must shed now.

I have said it so often but now I am really meaning it.


No comments:

Post a Comment