Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Recent Events

Today has been one of those days that nobody ever wants to go through. I received a call from my bank today to ask if I had authorized a purchase for a given amount of money, and I said no that I had not. So then I was told that I need to get a new card since this card had been used for that purpose. I had let my security expire and when the company I had had asked me why I did not want to renew I told them. I had thought that was that. It clearly was not.

I had not ordered this program as I had just let it expire, but somehow or other the company received an order from my computer ordering a form of security that I had already said that I did not want. I turned against the company since I did not believe that they had done me any good at all. Someone later told me that my computer may have ordered it. From my point of view, that is totally ridiculous. Someone has proved to me though that they have information about me gained through access to my computer. Whether this is a hacker, or a virus I do not know. Frankly, I do not know the difference too well anyway.

When I was at the bank, I was unaware of the fact that this order had been given this morning on the day of the 13th. I had let it expire on the date of August 6, and was contacted by the company to explain why I had not subscribed again. I told them bluntly that they had failed me many times in terms of protection. If this is not proof of that, I do not know what is now that I think of it.


When I tried to contact this company another company answered instead, and attempted to sell me their program instead of the one that someone had sent in my name using my bank account.

I do not know exactly what all happened in this case but thank Heaven that the bank in question was on the ball, and did call me to get information from me.

So I spent the afternoon talking to a member of another company who wanted me to use their system for a set amount of money. I said no I could not do it as I do not have that kind of money in my account.

The one good thing that came out of this afternoon's conversation besides learning what their system said about my computer is that I got this blogspot repaired. I am checking now to see if that is still the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment