Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, November 7, 2011

Breeders Cup

Strange things happen that are for real. I am a very keen observer of minutiae that means nothing to anyone but myself. However, I learned years ago that for some reason or other at Christmas time when I lived in Michigan my ss numbers would come up in the lottery so that I could win on them. I notice these kinds of things as birthday combinations also work in lotteries. Sadly, I have missed most of them, being a little short on the up and at em department in betting on such things. My mother would always get so mad at me for not betting on horses that I felt or knew would come in. I did at least bet on two this year to also win on them but that was a rough one for me to do at that time too.

But at the time I was watching Michigan State playing Minnesota at the Upper Deck, a bar that I decided to watch the Breeders Cup races from due to its proximity to my home, in other words, closest one to me, I had a rough time of it in one way...so noisy and the atmosphere not really one that lends itself to making sound bets. But I watch the horses intensely to see which horse is actually wanting to win the race and how he shows it to me, but depending upon directors and cameraman is a bit iffy at times although a few horses did communicate well.

One was Amazombie. I could tell that horse was going to win and so I put a small wager on it, having talked myself out of playing anything substantial as the previous day had been very rough at the exotics games that I played.

I had started out with a small amount and so made certain that I did not do anything stupid so I was prudent to a fault. I had become aware of Force Freeze through some analyst or handicapper's comments but I singled the Amazombie horse(7) and Force F(6)came in with him...Michigan State was playing a football game then, and came out in front of Minnesota at about the same time that Amazombie came in...My MSU student number has 76 as the last two numbers which I use yet today, and so there I was, watching 7 and 6 come intogether, and ironically 5 also came in third....

It finally dawned on me as I had been pulling for Game On Dude all along and due to a man asking me a question I learned that Ruler On Ice would be in the money...I have a special gift that few know about but which I have learned to listen to especially at racetracks, as Strike the Gold came to me the same way for the Kentucky Derby and a horse at Hollywood Park one year ridden by Cash Asmussen...other people know about this and trust me enough to bet on it when I let them know about it...Joyce,a photographer, anyway, again, the little voice came out to let me know about Ruler On Ice so I knew that 4 would be in the money...Now do I pay attention to all these things and make hay on them? Sometimes, not always...as I do get emotional and tend to make mistakes too like not paying attention to myself when I should...so another guy asked me for longshots and I gave him Game On Dude and Ruler On Ice as I knew that ROI would be in the money but I did not know where...

I should have won that high 5 but I missed out on Drosselmeyer despite its being mentioned at a video in which handicappers did admit to who they thought would be the longshot to win...Drosselmeyer was mentioned so I should have heeded that and my own inclinations...I did ask how much the high 5 would cost...a dollar a bet...so I was tempted but did not have it figur3ed.

3/8 could have made me rich had I bet the exacta...but I didn't but 38 is a personal number of mine that I should have realized if I had been thinking...dang it...half of 76...where was I? well, I did win on Amazombie and because I had seen Hansen in his two earlier races, I knew how good he is, and so took a chance on him but bet win only.

Naturally, I am muttering to myself about all of this...what a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment