Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, November 11, 2011

Verans Day and 11/11/11

So far this day has not been any different from any other, and I often think that today's media are making too much of the Mayan Calendar and other natural events...it is a bit gray here in the Valley, but warm, and I did finally get out of the apartment to go to the grocer's and drugstore, stopped at the hardware store to see that they are conducting a food drive, and even toured the last ten minutes of the Thrift Store which was about to close its doors.

I did not know how much shelves cost or I would have my shelf brought from the other apartment to this one but I foolishly said, oh leave it...now I find that they cost a fortune to buy at a hardware store but bet I can find some thrown out in the alley's somewhere.

I wrote a chapter on Alexander earlier this past summer about sexual abuse to children and so the Joe Paterno story prompted me to react to that on a discussion group. I fortunately was able to delete my outburst.

Jerry Sandusky deserves to serve time in jail for his misconduct. I am as opposed as anyone to the problem of child abuse, whether it is boys or girls.

Because the gay world has latched onto Alexander as some kind of gay icon, I am taking the exact opposite approach in my book since I believe from stories that I have read and of course, my own intimate knowledge, that he was opposed to gay behaviour. He was a very masculine oriented man who disliked anything slightly effeminate displayed in a man. In fact, my premise is that his father admonished him when he was criticizing the Sacred Band for their lifestyles. I wish I had kept notes on all the books I read and all the authors but one author in particular pointed out that he had critized them to have Philip turn and admonish him for it. In fact, Philip more or less brought about his own demise by putting a curse on those who found anything wrong with the Sacred Band which was intended for Alexander. Philip is a strange man, full of both love and hate for his own son.

I do not believe that Alexander ever engaged in homosexual practices as he has made it known loud and clear that his interest is in his own divinity, not depravities which they were considered in that time as well as this time.

So I wrote a chapter where the young boys discuss an incident of child abuse and physical abuse amongst themselves...when I read the Grand Jury report,I thought uhoh, it sounds a lot like my chapter...bothered me a lot that way...proving what? that universal truths then are the same now...


My book has a lot of rewriting to do, and I am not doing a NaNoWriMo stint this time round. I am still too absorbed in my own novel, but thanks to my computer problems have put it on hold til I get a computer that won't be infiltrated. I have Norton right now but it is about to expire and I intend to try to keep it as it has protected me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment