Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Rereading my novel on Alexander

Writing a novel is a huge job. I took it upon myself to write about Alexander of Macedon's childhood and have sent a rudimentary copy of the finally supposedly finished version to three people in whom I have placed a bit of trust to read it. I know only of one who is actually reading it as I have received confirmation from her that she is reading it in her free time.

I am rereading it to see how it sounds to me as I reread it aloud and I am finding areas which need a lot of rewrites. I have to let it go cold so that I can get a better perspective on it when rereading it than when I was immersed into it when writing it. It takes a lot of preparation to simply go back into the time period to renew the feel and memories that I occasionally experience to write this out. I do undergo certain spontaneous memories at times and a few I include in the storytelling aspect. Most I keep to myself.

I did experience a flashback to the city of Corinth while writing this experience and I have never seen anything so lovely as the setting that I found myself in when back in that time period. I have this desire now to see Corinth today as I had had no idea what a beautiful spot this region in Greece is until I found myself back there staring down at the sea and looking at what were then temples. It was an amazing experience.

Naturally, I looked up Corinth in google images and will do so again after I post this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment