Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, February 17, 2013

New computer and new mattress and frame

I always promised myself that when I finally got any money that I would buy me a tempur-pedic mattress. I had tried one at the Promenade Mall years ago in Sleep America.  By chance, there is a Sleep America store in Tempe Marketplace so I just decided to go try one again, and the salesman was so sharp and savvy that I bought it. It was delivered yesterday so last night I got my first full night's sleep on it to wake up at six o'clock this morning...unheard of for me...So when I got home this evening from a day at the races, I had to go to sleep right now. I just woke up a few hours ago and decided that I should write something on my computer since  I have not been bothering much with it in the past two days...busy with setting up bed, and also with another new purchase, a laptop computer that I hope will give me years of happiness and joy instead of the amount of annoyance and irritation that Gateway gave me.  I went to the local Apple store and immediately purchased a MacAir Laptop which I will learn through their one on one group program.  I bought it to finish the novel that I had begun and which needs some help now. 

I have never been happy with either one of my computers that are microsoft.  Just now, something again interfered and erased sentences which frankly always annoys me. I prefer to do my own editing and do not like the idea that an entire paragraph or sentence or even page can suddenly disappear on you.  It may be a result of a virus but I do not like it.  The problem of viruses turned me against microsoft and its programming techniques.

The only repairs that I want to pay for are continued maintenace, tuneups, and general age related problems, but not viruses...that frankly ticks me off and it happens even with security and firewalls attached.

So I am hoping for a change in my life for the positive.  Nothing could be worse than the past few years with a bad computer experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment