Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Trip to Iran

Followup on yesterday's post.  I called the AIA today to see if I could take the extension part of the trip without doing the 17 day trip through the Silk Road. It turns out that it is possible but I will have to wait to see if any who take the Silk Road tour will want to take the extension. Apparently some others have asked about this possibility also so I am not alone in the request.  She took my name and will let me know. She also told me that there is a tour planned for April 2014 but it is not finalized.  At this point, I am planning on taking the September tour since it is feasible that I can do it. Now to win all those necessary races this spring to enable me to do this without any question.  (Jenny from Louisville helped me to figure a way to win the necessary funds with an interesting story about a man who won over a million dollars from a thousand dollar exacta bet on long shot Mine That Bird.)  Gad!  Blew me away to realize that.

However, I am determined to go. I did check out other sources of tours to Iran that cover the same ground and the prices are similar so it will be one or the other.  There is a trip this April but that is a little too close for me at this point in time.  April 2014 is the one that the AIA is planning so she said.

I read an interesting story tonight on Facebook about Called to Serve which is being trained by Nick Canani, son of Julio Canani.  Gary Stevens will be riding him in the Big Cap this Saturday against both Game On Dude and Ron The Greek. For sure this Saturday will be chalk in that race but what an exciting trifecta or superfecta possibility.


No comments:

Post a Comment