Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, March 22, 2013

One on One at Apple

Each time I have gone to the apple store I have had a different instructor or tutor, whatever it is that they are called. All are interesting, well informed, but unusually different in many ways. But most are boyishly young...yet they are in their twenties. It makes me wonder at when I was that age and starting my career of professional teacher. I bet I appeared the same to some of the old timers as these kids appear to me...young, very young. It is such a shock to me to realize how things have changed since I began my teaching experience in the early 60's. I am astounded when these young kids have no idea who Bobby Darrin is. I had seen a kid on a bus who reminded me of him and when I asked him if he had heard of him, he said no. Stunned me at how people only know who is making the news today. He had never heard of Mack the Knife at all. He was only 26. So that significant realization that I am on old fogey, real old fogey really got to me. Old age is such a pain in the neck with the body gradually doing nature's thing, shutting down, but it is hard on the mind to realize how much time has passed with only those who lived it capable of understanding it or remembering it. On that note, as I am writing this novel on Alexander of Macedon to show the influences in his life during his early years, I wonder at why it is that anyone should ever believe any of the historical writings at all, especially since they are written based upon hearsay and tales told so many years after the actual events. I am in the clubhouse now watching the news and using the free wifi. I had some trouble getting onto the clubhouse wifi but should not have as the computer should have retained that password. I ended up going out and asking some kids sitting poolside for help. They did help. Nice to have good neighbors. Back to the topic of one on one at Apple store, it is a service that I have paid to use, and I am able to use it as often as I need, which in my case, will be for the full year's service. The session only lasts an hour, and so far, the few who have been my advisors have been very helpful to me. I am beginning to understand apple and its word processing system. I have also downloaded Scrivener for a tree trial before purchasing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment