Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Dubai World Cup

I have been waiting for this group of races which are from Dubai since last year. I really love this richest ticket in the world competition. It is mostly international bringing horses in from Australia, Southeastern Asia, Japan, and Europe, and a few American horses. It seems that since the track changed to Tapeta at Meydan, the American horses have not fared so well as when raced at a dirt track. I personally do not believe that the track is the reason for the losses, but everyone has to blame something. It is obvious to me after checking this year's entries out, and the manner in which they are raced that American racing leaves a lot to be desired when in competition with foreign horses. I love Australian horses, and the Japanese champion has caught my attention. This beautiful fun loving horse is named Gentildonna, and I am hoping that this gnetle female will win her race. She is adorable to watch as she enjoys racing so much, especially in Japan, so that I hope this trip will see her in the winner circle. I listened to some Europeans discuss the World Cup which they consider a weak field. If it is truly that weak, and one horse is definitely so good that he deserves to be favorite, then it will be a fairly easy race to play for winning trifectas and exactas. That means that any one of several longshots could surprise. But I am fairly confident that two American horses may do much better than thought, so that for American pools they will not be such longshots. The Europeans may cash in on them as they think very little of them. Odd how hometeams always think that their chances are best. I personally think that the Europeans may be half right. I hope that Trinniberg goes off on long odds and wins. I do think that he is fully capable of winning that particular race. Another American entry is used to the Tapeta since he races on it at Golden Gate so he may do better than the Europeans and others expect. However, I do see that he is only picked for third or fourth by most American handicappers. Interesting to note that while it is raced in Dubai, the locals do not bet on it at all. But the rest of the world gets in on the action, and one trainer from South Africa has as many as 13 horses in the running. I am sure that he will win something for sure. In this game, the trainers are who to study for the winning horses it seems to me. If I were an owner, trainer, and wanted to win this game, I would be sure to race my horses at Golden Gate to prepare them for their turn in Dubai. I think that many trainers should get half way serious about winning the richest pot in the world. Only one horse is entered that uses Tapeta in America...strange, isn't that? My belief is that entry from Golden Gate would at least prove that the surface does not impair the American horses. I think that Animal Kingdom is severely handicapped by a long layoff. I think that Dullahan has a chance but his post position makes it difficult for him at the beginning of the race. Royal Delta will have no excuses. But why on earth she did not do an exhibition at Golden Gate is more than I can say. I think that her racing interests should have let her win a few times at that track to prove that it is not the surface of the track but some other reason when she loses out... Oh, well, those are my thoughts. I will definitely be backing Gentildonna and a few other horses. I am hoping that either Dullahan or Royal Delta win the cup but I think that Hunter Light does deserve the win if he makes it, and for sure, he has been winning so much that if he keeps it up, he is a sure thing... So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment