Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Where Have I Been?

The funny thing about taking these workshops and one to one sessions at Apple is that the instructors are probably the age of my grandchildren if I had any. I woke up with a big start today when I realized how times have changed in the world of education. I am learning how to do a word processing program on my new computer, and in the process I learned that today's children hand in their homework to their teachers through the computer. Imagine having to correct papers on a computer. It had never dawned on me that this was being done, and it left me utterly flabbergasted. I had paperwork galore whenever I had assignments that meant I would have to read and correct each and every one, so it came as a shock to me that professors and teachers alike are using computers to read and correct materials submitted by students. Proving how long ago it is that I was a part of the system, and how things have changed since. No doubt that I am ann old fossil. But I am ready to tackle my novel once again, getting a bit of a grip on how to work and operate a computer to enhance my writing experience. For starters tonight, I have begun a free trial with Scrivener's if it does get downloaded. I will check to see if it is on my group of apps and downloads. I am enjoying the apple experience but it flabbergasts me to realize how many things have changed since I first began studying on a computer myself. Positively unreal to think what changes will come in the next twenty years...Everything appears to be going to ebooks but again, as I am a part of a time period which cannot fully adapt to letting old books die, I still prefer reading paper books. I don't know if anyone is aware of it or not but now glasses are being made so that one can read computer material while wearing glasses, and another method is through a wristwatch. Crazy! Frankly, I am ready for the day when one only has to hit a button and all the material is flashed in front of your eyes without the use of any mechanical device...maybe it will be simply imprinted into your mind as you walk down the street. I honestly think that some of those experiences are happening already and have been for centuries in forms of dreams. Some people do have visions and can see things that others cannot and do not. So it is not very farfetched at all. Oh well, onward and upward. I will check to see if my Scrivener's trial has begun or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment