Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Choosing a new car

I am having to purchase the right car for me. It may be the last car that I own or not.  Nobody ever knows for certain but the possibility is that I could buy a good car to keep and maintain over a seriously long period of time.  So I am being very careful about the choice I make in this really very important purchase.

Today I received a call from BMW since I had contacted them last night via the internet. I want to take a test drive in a BMW as I have pretty much decided it may be the best car for me.  I like its maintenance policy which tells me that this company truly cares about its product.  I trust the company for its sense of integrity.  I made an appointment to take a test drive this coming Tuesday and indicated a car that I am wanting to purchase.

So today I went to Ford which had already contacted me some time ago when I submitted a list of cars that I am interested in buying, and so I finally talked to a salesman there who introduced me to the hybrid car, a plug in car called the Titanium.  This is a really great car which has me happy that I did take it on a test drive and learned about its finest selling points.  It is about the same price as the BMW so that I am interested in it as an alternate if the BMW does not fulfill my expectations.  However, I have a brochure about the BMW 3 series which is reassuring me more and more all the time about the care that BMW gives to its production. I love this car so far.

But Ford has outdone itself in producing a great car that I would enjoy as well since it has such fine amenities for a top of the line car, is attractive, and has the fuel economy that I really would love most of all.  If it is true that it would produce the kind of fuel economy as boasted on its sales sheet I would very definitely choose it for that reason alone I know already that it is not the same kind of luxury car that Lexus had been, so that I am certain that BMW will probably be much more luxurious in the interior than the Ford can be,but the Ford has wonderful computer programming that makes it a joy to own as well.  I can see that many people will want this car and probably should own it.  I recommend it  very much as a great buy if the fuel mileage does live up to its promise.

I have more to learn about both cars but so far I am definitely leaning towards each one.  After I test drive the BMW on Tuesday, my salesman told me he will call me on Wednesday.

This is a major decision.  I am as excited as I can be to think that I will soon own a car again. It has been a long drought for me.   I  am really looking forward to traveling to California and Las Vegas and maybe even Ohio in one of these two cars...should I look at others?  I don't really think that either one of these cars can be topped except by the Tesla of course.  I have not test driven one of them but I do not want to wait a year for it to be built either. If I win the lottery or a huge windfall comes my way, I would consider it...after all I would only be 75 in six months.  At heart, I guess my real age as told to me by a computer is really 35.

I feel that way about buying the car...just as I did when I was in my 30's.  We never grow up...shades of Peter Pan...the original...


No comments:

Post a Comment