Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How I Got My Drivers License Renewed

Because I had not gone to the DMV to have my address changed on my license plates, my registration for the car showed my former address.  I caught that Sunday night when going through all my papers for the car, so  I decided that I would have to make that change immediately so that my plates and papers would arrive at this address instead of being sent to former address.  I scooted up to Paradise Lane fast and took a ticket at 1:53 to wait to get an address change.

While there, I asked the information lady about license renewals. How soon could one renew one's drivers license...Answer was a year...I thought...hmmm. I could do it now then.  I hemmed and hawed and then decided that I did not have to do it until February so why bother...However, when at photo booth to get new drivers license photo, I said that I would be back in five months to get my license renewed.   The photo lady said, what, why don't you do it now?  I said, O.K., and she sent me to information desk to take vision test so that I could get license renewed, and she also told me to go back to the guy who had processed my changes of address on old drivers license.

When I finished the vision test, I hurried to interrupt the guy and his next clients to say that I was told to  go to him to get my license renewed, and he got all perturbed, bent out of shape, and huffed and puffed his way to the photo girl to see what was going on....so another charming lady decides to get into the act, and says come with me, he can't do it, and I will take you over here so that you can get your license renewed...they in the meantime had my papers and drivers license which I had guarded and protected as if it were gold, and so I followed the lady wherever she went, not wanting to lose my drivers license...now punched with a hole in it making it invalid to operate....so at last she found an open window who said she would take me, but then reneged on that and decided that she could not so I had to go to next window where very nice and pretty girl decided to help me to get my license renewed. She did all paperwork...I asked her how did she get so lucky to get a job like this in a place like this, and she laughed, and said for an office job, it is not bad....she finally got me all set to go back to photo to retrieve brand new drivers license. I had to wait some more while everyone else began to pick their licenses up, and finally at last, I heard "Janet" called out loud and clear, and quickly I ran up to get my new drivers license, checked to see it was good to Feb. 11, 2019, and soared out of the place at 4:30...21/2 hours waiting for a drivers license!  But at last my address is correct, and I am all set to drive anywhere, and learned also that it will take a while to get my license plates and important papers.  45 day waiting period...

Then I had to go to Brookstone to return my mouse/scanner which had crashed, and exchanged it for a Tempurpedic pillow at same value.  Can you believe the costs of things anymore?  A pillow and a computer scanner....both the same price...amazing.  That went without a hitch and I came home to see the difference between pillows from Brookstone and pillows from Sleep America. It is so nice to have two pillows to use.

It has been a long day...earlier I went with my neighbor to Walmart's to pick up a sunshade for my car and a new air filter for the air conditioner.  I hope that tomorrow morning I will have proof positive that the air filter has made a difference. I bought one that is an allergen filter so maybe my allergies will not be so bad in the a.m.  I will see.  I feel better already tonight.

I told Barbara about my new car and showed it to her. She loves it, loves the color, and is so happy for me.  She is a good neighbor, helping me many times over...I appreciate that in her.


No comments:

Post a Comment