Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Meet Up

Meet Up is a social website where one can find groups in your city that you can attend to make friends, gain information, or discuss and share ideas.  I just learned of them, and found that there are many groups available through this internet site that lists times, places, and membership of various groups for any particular interest.  I have joined only two so far and made a date to meet with the few who will also be in attendance at an Edgar Cayce meeting.  I was going to attend a soul mates group meeting that would be this Sunday but remembered that the Del Mar Pacific Classic is running at that time and I can't miss that.

I was reminded of when I studied travel advisory back in '74 and lo and behold, tonight up popped tapes from the Nixon Watergate era on the news.  I went to a travel group meeting which turned out not to be part of Meet Up but a professional travel meeting for travel advisors.   Is this coincidence?  I ask ya!  I am wondering....I remember that era very well.

There was a time I called myself King TV for the King Midas touch....Hearing Nixon talk to Ronald Regan at NBC and seeing a different group of tapes at CBS made me wince a bit....I can remember when Nixon took his big limo up to McDonald's....that made a big noise on the tube.

Later, Bill Clinton jogged to McDonald's.  What a contrast between those two men who had Pinocchio noses....

I will investigate Meet Up groups again to see how many I can find that will help me to meet people and to discuss mutual interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment