Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Learning new stuff at Apple

For some time, I was working on Pages which is a word processing program for Apple. I finally learned that Apple does compete with Kindle for ebooks.  I know that they have told me so at the store but reading it online from an article about ebooks has convinced me that apple is in the ebook business as well.

I have  been thinking my first draft through repeatedly, realizing that I have characters to develop more fully, and scenes to expand.  When one has reached the word count, the rewrite to make it interesting and educational is quite a task.  Stories alter as time passes, and while I had not intended for it to be an indie book  it could become that if I decide to go that way. I actually wanted a publishing company to do most of the marketing even if they do get the biggest slice of the pie. They generally know how to find the audience for it through their departments.

However, I have finally launched into iphotos and as a result, have learned that one can take a series of photos and splice them together to get a video from them.

I learned this from my trainer who is going to help me learn how to do it, presuming that I get her as tutor again.

I am liking this computer more and more all the time.  It has so many interesting functions that I am constantly amazed.  Before long, I will be somewhat proficient at using it.  However, until then I take it one lesson at a time.  I have to write notesto myself so that I do  not  forget it.  With Apple, fingers and motions are very important.  One finger, two  fingers, and three fingers all create different responses. It takes some time to get accustomed to it, but it is quite fascinating to think how these programmers came up with some of these designs.

Another nice thing about apple is that one can make accent marks for other languages when one learns the tip or secret.  I watch the tips and tricks that are often posted on the wall when I am there to learn another new tip.

Of course, the trainers do often give you information that you would not know unless told how to use.  One tutor told me that it is nearly impossible to learn all that there is to know about the computer. I suspect that is true since most buyers are interested in only certain parts of it.

I actually do appreciate all these tips and techniques.  The hi tech world is fantastic to say the least.


No comments:

Post a Comment