Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A discussion of Mary Renualt

I read a discussion on Mary Renault on facebook the other night. Someone had written a review of her trilogies. I did not enter the conversation in the comment section simply because I am too emotionally tied to my experiences in past lifetime memories to Alexander to appreciate other people's imaginations about him. I had picked up a few books to read, but could not get past the first chapter in Fire From Heaven so I have never read it at all, and finally sent the books out when I had to pick and choose which to keep and which to let go...At the time, I had just spent time in the person of Alexander as I had been trying to gain information to convince me that I had lived in that lifetime in his person. So any books and stories about him disturb me more than anything when I feel it is contrary to all that I have learned. I would not really care one way or another about any historical figure when I am not personally involved, but if in fact, I am convinced that my memories prove to me that I had been that person, then I do not want a pack of lies to prevail and influence others about his life. That is one of the reasons I chose to write about experiences as I had had so many of them happen to me after I began digging it all up. Again, I do not choose to try to convince anyone else of anything, because it is MY personal problem, not another persons. I do not think that Louis XIV or George Washington need another book about them, but I may write a book if I feel up to it after I finish the one about Alexander. I work it in my mind all the time, as I am wanting to expose his childhood growing up that made him the child wonder of the world at that time. When I was reading all about him, the thing that impressed me the most is his army and his friends. So that is my main interest in developing his childhood background, demonstrating the kind of environment that caused them to think as a single unit, and to work together. Alexander did not do any of it alone...He was not a loner. He and his army together conquered the world, but he was the leader, the inspiration, and the glue that held them all together. That is what I am trying to work out in my effort at writing an interesting novel about his youth...so I am now trying to adjust to scrivener and pages on my computer to finally get back into it. The important thing to remember is that the more famous you become, the less real you become...fame is often a problem since people want to mold you to their fantasies rather than accept the simple truth. Just as I have had strange experiences in my lifetime, the Greeks and Macedonians believed in gods who made personal appearances to whoever they chose to influence. The plays and stories of the times reveal that the gods and goddesses would appear and disappear at will...it seems to be possible that it continues today for those who see and those who hear.

1 comment:

  1. One other comment while I am on this since it is a matter of timing. Not long ago, a few days, I woke up from a dream about cakes, lilacs, and carriages which I may have discussed already...at the end of it, I dreamt of Alexander who followed this group of delicacies, and I could see him clearly announcing that he knows himself from a previous life...and he said who he had been, and I accepted it all as I woke up from the dream...I realized that this also drove Alexander as he is truly convinced of himself.

    ReplyDelete