Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Learning Pages and Scrivener

I find that this google processor is not paragraphing for me. I do not know what I can do to cure that.**** I am testing Scrivener's word processing device which is made for professional authors and writers. It is quite complex but it has been mentioned by many who write for the NaNoWriMo event each November, and one year's winner credits Scrivener with helping him to write his mystery novel. I am using all the tutorials and videos to help become acquainted with this program. It is quite advantageous in many ways since it formats the novel for you so that you need not worry about that process at the finish.**** I am also studying pages which is very similar but exclusive to Apple and Mac. Actually, the Scrivener device is a form of Pages but has many capabilities that Pages does not attempt. I am so new at it that I can only mention these since learning of each of them in the past few days. I studied the User Guide for Scrivener as well as using the Tutorial which means several more times. However, YouTube has many videos which help even more than the basic tutorials. It will take time but at last I can get going on my Alexander novel, and a few other projects in mind as well. It turns out that these are the way to publish e-novels, so that those who are serious about self publishing should buy into the Scrivener program.**** Today was April Fool's Day. I did not pull any pranks.

1 comment:

  1. If you are interested in interacting with other Scrivener users, there is a public community for Scrivener Users on Google+. We have over 300 members. Since this is a public community you can read the community page before you decide whether or not you want to participate or not.

    https://plus.google.com/communities/109597039874015233580

    If we can help you with any questions you may have while trying to learn the program, please post your question to the community.

    ReplyDelete