Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, May 5, 2013

After the Kentucky Derby

I studied this Kentucky Derby field like everything and when push came to shove, and I had to put up money to make a bet, I went very light and easy does it.  I stayed with my usual pattern of two dollar bets untl I find the right place to jump in to swim to my goal.  So I bet straight and seldom, but did bet on the favorite as well as my two favorite picks. I know that the track makes the difference but this year everyone was on Orb's bandwagon so I knew he would be the favorite and that the horseracing world wanted Orb to win this one.  If one studies the race, as it was a rainy day, if it were not for the jockey, Orb would have been a show horse, as it took Joel to pick up his whip and push him to suddenly take off to win the final finish of the race.

I think all the other jockeys more or less must have also let their horses simply fade away as only a few staggered in early.

So as it turns out, a longshot placed so that the super five did not pay and will have a carryover of $300,033 dollars for the next super five race at Churchill Downs.  When I find out what that race is all about, I may jump in for a piece of it.  So far, it is unknown to me what is happening that day since nothing is up about it.

But once people learn of its size and opportunity, the payoff will swell to a huge amount and everyone will become aware of it.

So the last remains of the Derby hangover until Thursday, May 5, where one can still recoup his losses if he wants to put up the money to win a high five, always a very difficult bet to win.


No comments:

Post a Comment