Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Powerball Lottery Game

Some lucky stiff in Florida won the $590,000,000 Powerball jackpot all alone apparently.  The ticket was sold at a Publix store in Zephyrhill, Florida, according to the LATimes.  I read the ticker on the Powerball page to learn that one lone ticket had been sold in Florida. The LATimes had the story right away as well.

All this thanks to Twitter by the way.

I tried Lottery Hub but it did not work correctly so I disinstalled it.  Went to my gmail to find a welcome from them but I have already opted out of it.  I don't really ever play powerball any more.  It is far too expensive for me to play at $2.00 a hit and $1.00 more for a power play that would double your money.

It has 59 numbers to use for the first five with 35 for the power ball.  Believe it or not, with my method of playng lottery games, 59 is better than the 35.  But I won't explain all that now.

At any rate, I had expected to pay only $2.00 for my two tickets but learned that the price has increased to $2.00 per ticket.  Outrageous but greed has a way of attracting people right and left. I did play this time round and wondered at msyelf, but the numbers I had were good and did fit in with the usual past ten rhythm.  So you never know.

I am trying to keep up with the Pick to win it sometime.  But in the meantime, I have to take care of my personal probelms first so that this week's lottery games were a side amusement and distraction.  For a moment, we can all dream of becoming instant megarich winners.  That old needle in the haystack has pricked someone in Florida now.

What intrigues me is how everyone thinks of how they want to spend it.  The t.v. groups always ask questions about what will you do with it? Frankly, I think it such an overwhelming sum of money that one cannot imagine what one will do.  Fly first class naturally.  Travel worldwide for me. Charity, yes, but after we take care of family and friends first.  Charity begins at home they say.

Then the bubble bursts.  We all had our chance. It missed us.  But soon it will happen again, and like idiots all, we will once again take a chance to see if this time it might make us happy for a short while.

I wonder why it is that all the really true billionaires of the world don't do all the things that at lottery time everyone discusses in terms of charitable gifts.  It makes me wonder.  When you have it, it seems that you deal with it differently than when it is just a pipedream.

No comments:

Post a Comment