Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Learning at Apple

For the past two weeks, I have been fortunate to have the same girl as the tutor or instructor to help me to learn how to use pages for my book.  Now granted, I have been redesigning the book in my mind but not on paper.  In fact, as time passes, the book changes a lot for me.  Partially due to reading other books which impact me, since the first draft is essentially amassing a lot of material to be reworked later.  This exercise in learning how to use a computer to help write a book has changed my attitude and my mind about how it will be done from here on so that it is not going to look very much like the original at all.

I had thought originally that I wanted the Iliad to be a background upon which I would write the story so I had to condense the Iliad chapters and use a line from each as a backdrop for my story. I have since decided otherwise despite the fact that it was such an influence on a young, and I mean very young Alexander.  The problem is that most people forget how old Alexander was when he began his military life, and in truth, when one realizes that he was so influenced by Achilles, Alexander appears to be at least the proverbial 10 going on 40 since it seems that he is Achilles reborn.

Today I learned from my tudor about a website called Reddit. I have seen Reddit often in the share groups but I had never gone to it or learned what it was. I have now joined it too so that I can find what goes on there.

I had been studying hyperlinks so I showed the tutor the reason that I wanted to know how to use them.    A hyperlink can connect two pages with a single word, but one has to know what it is that one wants to  connect.  I don't know that I can do it at this blogspot or not.  I tried a link as a link last time but it did not work as it should have done.  Danged if I know why.

Now tonight I was trying to find how to find my bookmarks at my Samsung Galaxy 3 cellphone.  So far no success in that either. I will have to ask I guess.

Oh well, this world of hitech is both good and bad.  Anyone can rip anyone off it seems with ease when one publishes a work of any kind on the internet.  I dislike that but know that there is little to prevent it.

Anyway, while checking on both Louis XIV and Alexander at Reddit, I found more references to Hitler again there.  More the reason to write the book.  People impose beliefs from today on yesterday far too easily.  But this learning pages is slower than I anticipated, and I have not gotten back to Scrivener yet but will soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment