Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Preakness Stakes

There is always a third.  I  have unique experiences but at least they are honest and true, and I continue to make the same mistakes each and every time...dang it...I keep wondering...what is wrong with me?  So this is what happened this time.

I decided I would go to a place called The Tavern to watch the Preakness instead of going to Turf Paradise, Armadillo, or what used to be Brennan's now called BT's or Buff's.  Never sure what exactly but the same place and people regardless.  Always otb's are over crowded for major events and I do not like to go to them at all when they are that busy but this time I did not want to trek to Turf Paradise so decided to go to the nearest and closest to me which is a place called The Tavern. OMG, it was so packed with people I could hardly believe it.

But on the way in to the restaurant bar, I received the word that Oxbow would win, that it was D.Wayne Lucas's Day.  So I went in thinking Oxbow but once inside, I was lucky to find a place to sit but did not ever get anyone to even ask if I wanted anything so I did not buy anything but just watched the Pimlico action that was on the t.v. I like the place for having  a lot of t.v. action but they do not have enough machines or sellers. They have only two girls selling tickets but it worked out all right as people kept a steady flow and I watched as they placed their bets.

I kept thinking oxbow but I watched the horses parade onto the track and was planning not to bet at all.

I did place a very light exacta bet but forgot to bet my short bet on Oxbow...what a jerk I am.  I nearly ran up to the window again to do it but by then it was loading the gate so I had to watch.

Now why this is so exasperating as I was very sure the entire while and lord almighty look what happened...He took off running and would not stop at all...nobody was going to get him today.  Good except for the fact that I did not get my bet placed.

Which had happened to me when it was Strike the Gold and I was at Turf Paradise then years ago, and later Fusiachi Pegasus, which came to me at the library. Did I ever listen to these esp type whispers in my ear?  Not on your life.  So I have to moan and groan kicking my butt for failing to bet on a sure thing.

I have to sigh and say get on with it but I have learned to depend upon these inner voices and their correctness but to go and not capitalize on it makes me furious with myself.  Does that mean that I am hopeless. It also happened to another horse which I later did win with, and that was Trinniberg. I sat on my butt and had listened to my inner voice give me the winner but I sat and watched it, and satisfied that all my inner knowledge is true, it really hurt me this day.  I was so mad at myself for having fallen into this pattern of receiving but not acting upon it.  Not to say that there are times that I don't listen and do bet, but why so often that I don't...I wish I knew so I could correct it and win next time it happens.

And I am sure that it will happen again.  It makes me trust the races more than distrust them. I know for a fact that something is very real about them and that they are on the up and up this way.  But I cannot and do not know to identify this voice from within.  It just is a voice that gives me the winners now and then, not always.  Just on races that I never forget after it happens.  What a mess I am at times.

But you see this is why I knew I would not bet right today. I did not have money to go for what I wanted, but I did think I would try the 50 cent trifecta. I ended up doing only a 3 horse exacta box, and a lousy one at that.  But I had intended to bet oxbow single. I always win single but I have had luck with a trifecta and even a superfecta. My next big goal is the super high five which I just learned how to do.

So now I wait for the Belmont. I will go to Turf Paradise for that.  I will not take another chance like today. I will make it this time. I am just that angry with myself for failing myself this time round. But happy for Gary and D.Wayne Lucas. I wish I knew who had sent me that tip.  It was a good one. Thanks, whoever, and do it again please when I will listen and win with the bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment