Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dream Trip Revisited

I am going to continue with the previous post in a different argument.  I am really fighting with msyelf about this.

My reasons for going to visit the site of Persepolis is simple. I have been there in a spiritual journey which I remember even yet very well.  I have been studying various videos that portray it both as it is and in simulations which portray it as it was. I have been able to see it myself long before I ever knew anything about it, and so I learned of it through a kind of self discovery.

That had been true of the Chateau of Versailles as well. I had not known anything about it either despite its fame in Europe.  European castles have never really interested me until I actually saw them as they had been in the century in which they were built.  That made me aware of them and interested in them.

I did go so far as to go to Paris to see for myself a wall which was to prove to me the truth of the material from which it is composed.  I had been looking at Silvestre's engravings which clearly showed it without the greenery which now covers it, and when I had been in my state of regression I also saw it without the greenery but also without the kind of stones that Silvestre had depicted it in his engraving. I wanted to see for myself that it was as I had seen it, which in fact, I learned that it is, even yet today.

That was proof positive for me that I had been back in the time period in which the Chateau had just been built and the retaining wall developed.

So it is with Persepolis. When I saw it, it too was as it had been when Alexander discovered it for himself. I saw  it through the eyes of Alexander, and I traveled through it, noting details that make it desirable for me to see today. However, with videos, I need not travel there if really not able to do so.

So despite the expense, the many other problems involved, shall I go or not?  I have yet to finally decide for certain.  I think it probably best that I let it be  and wait for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment