Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Morning

I walk my cat every morning.  He is a petty tyrant but he requires that morning walk which I do give to him each and every day.  The time varies. I overslept this morning. I could not get up at 5:30 a.m. except to go to the john.  So at 7:30 I finally got up from a dream which made me think of both a novel by Sue Grafton and the video by Robin Lane Fox that I watched last evening.
Believe it or not, the video also caused a brief tiny time lapse where I found myself back in the time period of ATG and while I wanted to learn more about it , the incident came and went so quickly that I gained only a very temporary sense of it.  It is a lesson for me to learn, and I am certain that probably this happens often to people without even being aware of what it is that is happening. To momentarily slip through the cracks of time is useful only when one knows where one is and who one is. Otherwise, i am sure that it would be very disconcerting to anyone who has done it unknowingly.

People call it deja vu. I was listening to the Robin Lane Fox discussion of Alexander and his godlike status which included a host of other sons of gods and wannabe gods also.  The gods in that time period are a bit  unlike the singular one god only concept that is taught in many basic religious bodies in this time period.

Christians are always so proud that they worship only one god even though in a three point system...father, son, and holy spirit.  No wonder Christians are confused about gods and goddesses.  They barely understand their own belief system.

Fox for some reason or other does mention Christianizing the world. I fell asleep during the last part of the lecture so will have to go back to that section of the tape. For the most part it was interesting but I swear that I must write a book that will not put anyone to sleep.

On that note, I realized yesterday or the day before something that I have not drawn out as carefully in my first draft as I should.  It is so similar to ongoing problems that it finally dawned on me as I am saying to myself that I will not do as Alexander did...that it dawned on me how important it is to realize the motivation for Alexander's journey to the world of Persepolis and beyond.  It was not just to see the world as most try to claim.  He had a sincere motivation at first that is totally neglected except to mention it. I realized how I must emphasize this in the beginning of the novel to further explain his actions.

I am still planning to take that trip to Persepolis if I can find the right travel group with which to take and make this trip.  MIR is who was conducting the AIA travel group session so that I can check their regular trip out without having to go through the archaeological institute's program.  And I am still interested in the Eldertrek group but have not yet contacted them.

I have a session with Apple this afternoon so I must get going now.  It takes me forever to put myself together early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment