Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, July 8, 2013

Just another day

My dad's worst expression was always, "It's just another day.!"  I would get so disgusted with his negative attitude about everything.  The truth is that we never know what is happening inside another person's mind unless they share and tell.

It is possible that people are sincere or are covering up other feelings when they make such statements.  I always found the climate in Arizona to be so congenial in the wintertime to think that it is not just another day, but that it is a glorious day, a day to enjoy and to love.

But illness, loneliness, self pity, and other bad habits can rob someone of the joy of living. I am learning this more and more myself now. Fortunately, I have enjoyed good health most of my life. I had the normal childhood disease, some not so normal like asthma which still robs me of lung power, but on the whole, I have had only an occasional bout with flu or colds,  bites, and burns, but no major health problems. I consider myself blessed that way.

Yet, slowly my body is degenerating.  I feel the aches and pains that I did not have years ago.  I had a sharp pain in my abdomen two days ago that set me to worry what if I had a serious problem.  I was pretty bent over for a short time but I was able to raise my arms and to stretch so that eventually it all went away.  But it did make me realize that I must get my house in order as soon as possible.  I need to sell most of the stuff that I have since I have no close living relatives here, and I do not know who will value it as my mother had done.  I have some beautiful china and crystal that I need to find a home so that it can be displayed properly.  I had hoped that I might be able to enjoy them myself for sometime but I am ready to part with them.

In other words, I want to do all that I can while in decent enough health to enjoy life.  So I intend to travel to as many places as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment