Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, July 5, 2013

Getting back to novel

Tonight I read the excerpts for my novel aloud but I do not intend to share any of these with anyone yet.  I want to get it much further along so that I can see how this is going.  I actually like what I have done so far, and except for a few minor touchups, it is pretty good for a first draft.  I just want to get on with it now that I have finally reviewed that much of it.  I do have to add a few things, and I would make notes but I am having to learn how to use both Pages and Scrivener which complicates matters a bit.  I like the starter word quite a bit as it is quite easy to use and often very helpful.

I honestly think that simply getting on with the story is the best way to go instead of being too overly self critical.  Following the history timeline is a problem in and of itself, and trying to make it even a bit interesting and absorbing takes a lot of immersion into the characters and times.


No comments:

Post a Comment