Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dare I try a third entry today?

These last two weeks have been harsh and weary,
My cat is becoming downright scarey,
He throws fits and tantrums enough to make me scream,
I pick him up while he snarls and hisses,
This is really a nightmare, not a bad dream,
But I finally console him with many kisses.

I contemplated his death today,
Believing that he is wishing it somehow,
Finally decided that to neuter is a better way,
Wondering if he will settle down now.

The summer heat is making me stay indoors
Using air conditioning and fan to cool the room,
Drinking lots of lemony tea instead of a bottle of Coors,
Watching my flowers come into bloom.

If this is spring, what will summer be?
I dare not ask for surely I will find
That spring has been skipped you see
Or was it winter to be so kind?


No comments:

Post a Comment