Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, June 28, 2013

What a Day!

Finally, Century Link came to install the wifi connection.  I met two very nice people who did finally get my wifi connection set up for me. I am not sure yet how I feel about this entire thing since it is so new to me.  But what a wonderful feeling to sit here to write this post instead of having to put a modem in and have to feel as though I must sit at the table, fearing that I could break the stick modem.  They are very expensive to replace.

At any rate, the pair arrived at 2:00 and luckily did not need to put in a telephone jack so that no wiring was needed but other problems ensued that they alone could handle.  At last, Michelle brought her own computer in to set up the activation process as she could not read the small type that is on my computer.  Then she noticed that I could not possibly set up the activation process myself so she set it up for me.  It is working at last and I can use not only the computer but the cell phones and the t.v. now.

The t.v. is another problem. I did get through all but the last step in the process and now I am suffering great difficulties on the t.v. now. I will have to call Fry's to have some technician come up to see about it, and I am convinced that I need a new remote. It just simply does not work right at all.  And I remember well that the salesman told me that the remote is covered by the warranty as well. Which is making me think that something was probably known to them about the remote so that he at least gave me a clue in his statement. Can't say that that is so but it is not operating correctly at all, and I don't think it is the batteries but if so, why weren't brand new batteries put in this thing. I am taking it with me when I go to Fry's tomorrow to make certain that someone does come up to repair this thing.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    Glad to see the CenturyLink service is working out okay for you! If there's anything at all we can do, don't hesitate to ask. Our team can be reached via email here: TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com

    Take care and have a great 4th!

    -Doug

    ReplyDelete