Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, June 10, 2013

Buying a new t.v.! Lordy! What an experience!

I have had such a time in the problem of buying a new t.v. I have done without a t.v. for the past four years.  I had no real need of one since I use the internet and if I want, can go up to the clubhouse to use the  one that is in the front room.  I have done that on a few occasions but it is rare that I do.  It is a nice sized one and I have enjoyed watching special events on it.  But finally, I have decided upon a special t.v. which may well last me many years. I am hoping despite buying a protection plan for three years should anything go wrong with it in that time.

What a shmuck I think to myself but heck, it is only costing $100 for delivery and installation of both t.v. and stand upon which to mount it.  And believe me, this is a great mounting stand.

The television set itself is fantastic by Sony's own description.  It is the Sony 47 inch t.v which is also a smart t.v. so that I can use the internet on it and it comes with wifi.  It means that I will have to connect to century link or cox for the internet. I am using Dish Satellite for the t.v.

But before I finally settled upon this, I had begun my shopping at BEST BUY which was a sorry experience but my own fault. I bought the cheapest one instead of the more expensive because I thought maybe I should just have a small cheap t.v. to get me through the year.  What a mistake that was.  I had to return it and did say I would be back to buy another in July.  Guess I have had to break my word on that as I then went to Sears where I found a Sony Bravia 46 inch on sale that had been a store demo and was reduced by $500.  After discussing it long and hard, I decided that I had better shop around and wait it out.

So today I finally made my way to the Tempe Fry's Electronic store to find this t.v. being discussed by a salesman and a gentleman. I liked it and so I ended up buying it thanks to a second salesman who came along to help me.  So tomorrow I pay for it and it will be on its way to be set up on Thursday morning by the Dish technicians.  The Fry group will deliver hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday and install it and set it up for me.  I will buy an antenna to hook it up to see that the t..v does work when it is brought in before the dish hookup.

Oh well, it is things like this that drive me nuts.  It used to be that all you had to do was go pick up the t.v., plug it in, and lo and behold, t.v. came in...not any more. Digital t.v. and all this high tech stuff has changed everything...So complicated.

Will have an update after all is installed. Til then, it is all anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment