Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Heat

Believe me, it is hot today. I did go out in it for a few minutes but mostly have stayed indoors. I did get a lot of house cleaning accomplished in all of this.  I am still working on getting rid of lots of excess paperwork that I no longer need in my life. I am such a schmuck, saving everything but it was always with the thought that in my old age I might want to review and remember all of this stuff. Now it is just clutter but I do like to remember it and it is a good thing to do that.

I have really seen changes in my cellphones since I have wifi in the apartment.  The computer is so much more fun now that I don't have to stick in modem, watch how many hours I spend, and so finally I can really use my computer to its fullest capacity.

I will still use the modem if and when I go out somewhere where I cannot get wifi.  That is its purpose.

What a time I have been having though with all this communication systems snarl and mess.  I am dealing with so many different companies that it is not funny.  I talked with two different men at Verizon using two different stores.   My neighbor turned out to be a great friend to me and insisted that I talk to a second Verizon man to learn what had happened. I have it on my gmail exactly what happened but fortunately when I talked with the representatives on the phone they were understanding and nice about it all.

Why I am writing all this now.  First of all, if it helps someone else, good, and secondly, it is to remind me of my weaknesses and strengths.

It is very easy to be duped by people today, even in reputable business places.  Most of the time, the people with whom we work are fair, honest, and self respecting but once in a while we meet up with a glib and arrogant personality...that seemed to happen to me when this technician tried to push me into a service that I did not want.

My broadband works for my cellphone too so I use it  a lot but now that I have the wifi I think that is operating the cellphones more than the 4G is doing.  And once in a while, 4G turns into 3G.  A real mess.  Century Link is taking over both accounts. I can deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment