Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Barnes and Noble

This is a bit of a continuation of yesterday's computer entry.  I just arrived at Kierland Commons to make my genius bar appt. at Apple for my computer. I came to B&N to check out books, found one that interests me now, and to work on computer before going to Apple to get help.

Will explain all this when it is accomplished but for now the trip here was intriguing.  Spotted a white Lamborghini convertible whose photo I had to take. It was sitting in front of Victoria's Secret store and I took two photos of it. Am car hunting. Wondering who it is that owns that fantastic car.

Then found Little Elvises a book called the Junior Pender series written by Timothy Hallinan, making sure I remember this as the first chapter has snared me to see what is next.

The children are playing in the water fountains in the middle of the court.  I was bemoaning lost childhood this morning. I am in a snit today.

I had had a meeting with my banker earlier this week. I have to read all the material that she gave me. I did not tell her about my expected income opportunities.  I keep a lot of things to myself.  I have just put in a new t.v. service and lo and behold to my surprise, it will help me to accomplish my goals. I learned so much already now from just this satellite dish that makes me furious that I had not known about it sooner.  But never too late. I can make hay while the sun shines, Nellie.

I am angry at society and my entire life process right now. I have so many fires burning in me when I recall all the things that have happened that it is not even funny.  I am hotter than any forest fire, and I am trying to decide how I will deal with all of this as I think about it.

But I always tend to put the anger things in the back while I work on the important get to it now things that need to be addressed so that I can get on with my life.  Right now those are the computer and the t.v. and internet connections that will take place this week. All one thing at a time as I am at the age where that is all that I need to handle in a single day.

I have a great t.v. I did myself right on that score.  I have done some singularly nice things to myself for my next years however many they may be.  At least I will have a good finale to my life in terms of giving myself a good finish.

I am fed up with politics, with society, with government, with religion, with religious beliefs, and with people's foolish and mundane hopes and dreams that never get fulfilled, but always get the pollyanna look at the bright side treatment. Nothing annoys me more than false hopes and false promises.  I do believe that as we have advanced in scientific discovery we have learned enough about the constancy factor in life to know that it is all repetitive and all final.  I have gleaned things in a way that I believe in the revelations given to me so that I now perceive life in a far different way.

Example: a criticism of the North Korean dictator and his penchant for luxury items made me think of the comparison between him and Louis XIV and his grandiose ideas.  I do see that the Korean dictator, young that he is, is totally impressed with Western lifestyles and is fulfilling his own desires in a way that will cast him in a special role in history.  He is just a young kid. Louis XIV was also a young kid when he gained power. He took advantage of all his resources and built a kingdom that was truly the top and best in European history.  Can this North Korean dictator do as much for himself and his people?   I am challenging him here and now.

Will post now but will return later as I am headed for Apple store soon.  More on this drama after it happens.  I am incensed about it.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, I still don't understand what is up with your computer. Did they or did they not replace the motherboard? (this would have been costly and not covered likely under warranty) The hard drive may or may not have been recoverable (let's hope it was). Software install disks should have been included in your computer purchase; you should be able to reinstall these yourself.

    ReplyDelete