Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, July 28, 2013

This Hi Tech World

Yesterday, HSN had the Kindle Fire as a special value so that I listened carefully to learn all that I could about why I should buy a Kindle Fire instead of another ebook reader.  Nook by Barnes and Noble is the other best selling ebook that is often compared to Kindle Fire.  On YouTube one can see many comparisons between the two tablets which incorporate many features of a computer or iPad or Android tablet.  Cost is one reason to choose an ebook but basically it is for the purpose of owning many books without all the weight and space that regular books take.

I am actually over blessed with too many hi tech tools, a computer, two cell phones, and a t.v. Do I honestly need more? I don't think so and for that reason it was easy for me to let this wonderful opportunity of getting a Kindle Fire cheap pass me by. Plus, locally, if I choose First Bank to store my funds I can get one free just for opening a checking account with them.

Cameras are also a part of this hi tech world now because immediately following the Kindle presentation came the chance to purchase the latest Panasonic camera with a 35 zoom feature.  All the hi tech features on this camera included creative art features proving that the only hi tech has not yet touched is simply china and flatware.  Oh, please don't computerize my dinner plates and forks and spoons.  I just can hardly take this hi tech age any longer...invading every aspect of our life.

Again, I resisted buying since I have two cell phones which both have camera functions.  And frankly, I doubt that I will have any real need to zero in on an object so far away from me.  As it is right now, I am going to put all my photos on the computer so that I can finally just put them through a paper shredder.  Nobody who does not know you personally frankly gives a hoot about your photos anyway. Even my closest relatives don't really care. I wonder that I should even put them on a computer so I will be very selective.




No comments:

Post a Comment