Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas brings out the best in everyone

When I was a child, my parents did take my brother and me to Chicago to see the window displays that were seen in the windows of Marshall Fields. I remember how spectacular and wonderful that they were then.  So tonight I was treated to the beautiful displays in Paris by Printemps and the Gallerie Lafayette that Peter Olson shared on his blog spot.  They are truly magnificent and  if I could arrange it, I would make certain to visit there to see them. Wish I could pull that trick off but it is a little bit difficult at the moment.

However, it did change and affect my attitude. I have been having a very rough week with all these electronic problems, internet connections, satellite t.v., and even cellphones and computers. It gets to be ridiculous but for a moment, the beauty of Christmas in terms of the displays made me feel a whole lot better. It is worth it to have a computer to be able to participate in worldwide celebrations.

On that note, i repeat my title that Christmas does bring out the best in us when we can enjoy beauty, creativity, and a moment of joy.  We surely need that to soothe our aching hearts and weary spirits.  Having to arm wrestle through life gets weary and tiresome.

So here is to Peter Olson, a great photographer, for bringing some joy into our lives.  And prompting me to want to find a way to fly to Paris if only for a short few days1

No comments:

Post a Comment