Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Comments on Renovations.

I am in the laundry room in an air-conditioned reading room where we are supposed to have free wifi and television. I have not turned on the t.v. since I do not like to watch it until noon when I turn on the Chew or CNN.  It is air conditioned in here so since it is directly across from my apartment I decided to see if I could use my computer here.  Yes, it is working and that makes me very happy.

This apartment began its remodeling stint with the clubhouse but none of us were told that that would be the beginning of an entire apartment complex renovation.  We learned it only after a fitness center was built, new barbecue pits built, and finally the finish of buildings 8 and 9.  None of us were told officially, even at lease renewal time.  I am a wee bit annoyed about that now.  One of the tenants who I do not see any longer since he must have either moved or taken a leave of absence during the process had objected to four buildings being renovated at one time.  The projected time of finish I have learned is the end of the year.   I am hoping that my building will be finished by Thanksgiving at least.

I do believe that buildings 8 and 9 are finished at last.  They seem to have all the finishing touches of green bars placed on the retaining walls which is sure sign that all is done.Truthfully, except for slight differences, the renovation does not really change anything much at all.  Just a facelift for the time being.  However, my main concern is the rent.  How will these changes affect the next year's rent since i just had signed my lease for another year at the end of May.  I am only two months into this year's lease.

So for that reason, I will be looking to see if I should make changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment